A concealer is a powerful and versatile little product that is great to have in hand, especially for beginners. Concealer is similar to foundation but it is a thickened version that helps to conceal dark spots, wrinkles, blemishes and hyperpigmentation. Remember you should always apply the concealer over the foundation.
But don’t think that concealers are just for concealing the bad things in life. They are also great tools for various different applications.
- Contour: Dreaming of the chiseled cheekbone? Then contour is the thing for you. Just use a darker shade of contour and apply on the hollows of your cheekbones, side of your nose and then blend with a brush or a wet beauty blender.
- Covering dark circles: Not sleeping well in the night can cause dark circles. The best way to get rid of them is to wear a brightening concealer to make your under eyes appear brighter.
- Blur fine lines: Fine lines are natural and choosing to hide them is your choice. Just choose a buildable concealer that will blend well in the creases. Pat on some concealer and gently blend them out with your ring finger.
- Highlight cheekbones: You don’t need a highlighter with shimmers to highlight your cheekbones. All you need is a concealer one or two shades lighter than your skin and apply it on the highest points of your cheeks and nose. Blend well and you have an immediate face lift!
- Prime lips and lids: Before applying eyeshadow or lipstick you need a base for it. This will allow an even application and help the products to last longer. Just dab a little bit on your finger and apply it on your lips or eyes. Finish the look with your fav lipstick or eyeshadow.
As long as we here already, we would like to introduce our favorite concealer. The duet perfecting concealer from Hynt Beauty. This concealer has won a lot of awards for being the best concealer available in the market. The concealer is a full coverage, color correcting concealer that comes in a verified range of shades. It gives a non-greasy finish that will make you look fresh all day long. It also uses botanical extracts, Avocado oil and Cupuaçu butter deliver a skin comforting, lightweight feel.Multi-functional use as a spot treatment, cream foundation and eyeshadow primer; great for contouring.